top of page

Frequently Asked Questions?

Need more information? Click the link below and fill in our registration form and one of our business consultants will contact you directly.

  • + What solutions do you offer small businesses?
    Certify My Biz can help you with properly forming and registering your new business, government registrations, obtaining your certifications on the Federal and State level, non-profit setup, business development, sourcing and bidding and so much more.
  • What solutions do you offer government agencies and corporations?
    Minority Certification Recruitment, Support and Training Certification Application Reviews Supplier Compliance Reviews Vet New Diverse Suppliers Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Compliance & Corporate Reporting Procurement Reporting & Tracking
  • How long do I have to be in business to become a Government Contractor?
    You can register to become a Government Contractor as a start-up company. There's no waiting period or restrictions.
  • What is a Certification?
    To help provide a level playing field for under-represented business owners, the government limits competition for certain contracts to businesses that have certifications. Allows more access to contracts and funding.
  • + Do I really need my certifications?
    Obtaining your certifications can expose your business to new opportunites that hasn't alwasy been open to you. However, the application process can be tediious if you try and do it on your own. Certify My Biz will help assit you getting your small business certified.
  • + Is your service only offered to women?
    NO, our services are for ALL Small Businesses. There are opportunities for small businesses that do not qualify for woman-owned, and minority owned certification. If you are unsure what they are feel free to reach out to us directly.
  • + What are your fees?
    CMB fees are based on the type of services you need for your small business. After your one-on-one with a business consultant a full proposal will be sent via email with description of services including pricing.
  • + Does my company have to be registered with the Secretary of State to qualify for certification or to become a Government Contractor?
    Yes; No Exceptions.
  • + Will I have to provide personal financial information to become certified?
    Yes, if you are applying for the DBE certification. The DBE program has a personal net worth cap.
  • + Does my company have to be in business for 2 years to be eligible for certification?
    The MBE, MBE & DBE regulations stipulate a firm cannot be denied soley because it is a new small business.
  • Which Certification should I have?
    Certifications are not a one size fits all. There are a lot of variables to take into consideration before deciding. Book a consultation so we can help you decide which certification would be best for your business.
  • What are the basic qualifications?
    The business must be for profit and at least 51% managed & controlled by either a woman, minority, or disadvantaged owner who: -Works full time for the business and has controls daily operations -Has experience in the industry -Holds the highest title as specified in the operating agreement/bylaws -US Citizen
bottom of page